A journal dedicated to strengthening the integrity of scholarship and teaching, Academic Questions examines issues that arise from the interplay among politics, ideology, scholarship, and teaching in higher education.
Among the broad range of questions explored in the journal are the maintenance of scholarly standards, the quality and even-handedness of peer review, the preservation of intellectual tolerance and civility on campus and within academic associations, and the relationship between government and education. A critique of the academy by academics themselves, Academic Questions upholds the traditions of humanism and intellectual freedom.
Academic Questions is published quarterly in the spring, summer, fall, and winter for the NAS by Springer Science + Business Media. The opinions and views expressed by the contributors and editors of Academic Questions are their own, and do not necessarily express the viewpoint or official position of the National Association of Scholars.
Subscribe to Academic Questions
Subscription to Academic Questions is a benefit of membership in the National Association of Scholars. Joining or renewing at any point in the year secures you all four issues of Academic Questions from that year.
Subscription Queries and Address Changes
If you change addresses or have a question about your subscription, contact please contact Chance Layton at email@example.com, 917-551-6770.
Academic Questions Articles
In partnership with our publisher Springer, we are able to share on our website a limited number of articles from each journal issue.
Full Online Access to Academic Questions
If you are a member of the NAS, you may access the current and all back issues of Academic Questions on SpringerLink, the website of our publisher, Springer.
Read below for instructions on how to get full online access to Academic Questions:
- Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org so we can verify that you are a member of the NAS.
- We’ll email you a unique association code required by the publisher.
- Create a user account by going to http://link.springer.com and clicking “Sign up / Log in” at the top right of the page.
- When logged in, click your name at the top right of the page and from the dropdown menu click “Account details/profile.”
- Enter the code provided by NAS in the “Association Code” box under “Your Organisations” and click “Associate.”
- Log out and back in to your account for the code to take effect.
- To return to AQ at any time, go to http://link.springer.com/journal/12129. If you are logged in and have entered the association code provided by NAS, you will have full online access to all current and back issues of AQ.
- If you ever log back into SpringerLink and you cannot access AQ, it is likely your code has expired as each code is renewed every Summer. Email us for a new code.
Contact Academic Questions
General Queries and Manuscript Submissions
Seth Forman, Managing Editor, AQ
If you are a librarian and are interested in ordering Academic Questions for your library, please consult our publisher’s website for product and service information as well as the current journal pricelist.