Reports to: Director of Research
The National Association of Scholars (NAS) seeks a full-time Communications Associate to manage online content and communications with NAS members, donors, and press contacts, manage social media, and lead all visual and design work for the organization.
The National Association of Scholars (NAS) is a $1.3 million non-profit higher education reform organization. NAS works to improve American higher education by supporting intellectual standards, academic freedom, and institutional transparency in colleges and universities. It opposes racial preferences and promotes the teaching of the Western tradition. To learn more about NAS, visit www.nas.org.
- Managing all public relations for NAS, including building relationships with press contacts, reaching out to new contacts, and periodically updating press lists
- Managing website content, appearance, and analytics
- Managing social media, including Facebook, Twitter, and YouTube
- Creating photo and video content
- Designing promotional and conference materials
- Representing NAS at conferences
- Assisting with set-up and logistics at NAS events
- Managing advertising opportunities
- Drafting, designing, and sending electronic and print communication to members and donors, including press releases, fundraising appeals, e-newsletter updates, membership invitations, renewal reminders, annual reports, and brochures
- Working with NAS’s graphic design and printing partners on our joint projects
- Answering members’ questions
- Compiling databases for membership recruitment
- Assisting development and research staff with mailing projects
Undergraduate degree required and prior experience with professional communications preferred. Proficiency in Microsoft Office programs and basic design skills required; proficiency with Emma Email Marketing, InDesign, and social media a plus. The ideal candidate will write and edit with clarity, precision, and flair; attend to details and maintain a professional tone in correspondence; display good organizational and research skills, creativity, initiative, and an aesthetic sensibility; have an engaging interest in other people; and align with NAS’s mission. Applicants should send a cover letter, writing sample, resume, 1-3 samples of relevant work, and list of 2-3 professional references to Ashley Thorne, Executive Director, [email protected].