Position: Development Associate
Reports to: Executive Director, Controller
The National Association of Scholars (NAS) seeks a full-time Development Associate to coordinate fundraising initiatives and membership campaigns in our New York City office.
The National Association of Scholars (NAS) is a $1.2 million nonprofit higher education reform organization. NAS works to improve American higher education by supporting intellectual standards, academic freedom, and institutional transparency in colleges and universities. It opposes racial preferences and promotes the teaching of the Western tradition. To learn more about NAS, visit www.nas.org.
- Process mail, tracking all membership dues payments and donations in The Raiser’s Edge
- Support NAS staff by running queries and exporting membership and giving data from The Raiser’s Edge as needed
- Generate and send acknowledgement letters for membership payments and donations
- Coordinate digital and direct mail fundraising campaigns, working with all parties to meet deadlines and exceed budgeted income goals
- Plan and execute membership renewal and acquisition campaigns
- Write, edit, format, and send development communications as needed, including grant proposals, letters of inquiry for foundation funding, and meeting request letters
- Maintain relationship notes and create profiles of major donors and key contacts for NAS staff
- Identify prospective members, donors, and grant makers
- Work with Executive Director and Director of Communications to ensure all major donors and grant makers are thanked in a timely and thoughtful manner
- Train and supervise 1-2 Development Interns per academic semester
- Provide weekly development updates to NAS staff and work with staff to secure funding for NAS research and advocacy projects
- Answer main phone and field inquiries appropriately.
Undergraduate degree required and prior experience with professional fundraising preferred. Proficiency with The Raiser’s Edge software a plus. The ideal candidate will write with clarity, precision, and flair; and have an engaging interest in other people; and align with NAS’s mission. Applicants should send a cover letter, resume, and list of 2-3 professional references to Ivan Vajdle, Controller, at [email protected].