Andrew Ferguson joined Inside Academia this week to discuss his new book, Crazy U: One Dad’s Crash Course in Getting His Kid Into College. He says, "The entire edifice of higher education now has a huge propaganda machine at its heart, relentlessly pounding home the idea that everybody should go to college."
John C. Chalberg reviewed Ferguson's book for NAS here.
- 1:00 – Surviving college entry and avoiding homicide (2 mins)
- 4:00 – Education as $40 billion dollar business. (2 mins)
- 9:15 – We don’t know what we want from colleges (2 mins)
- 12:00 – The proprietary secrets of admissions formulas. (1 min)
- 15:45 – Pity: colleges are as self-serving as any for-profit. (1 min, 20 sec)
- 16:45 – Should it cost $50,000 to watch lectures online? (1 min)